At the same time, measures will be taken to strengthen the teaching and learning of English in schools, he added. These include:
* Increasing the number of English teachers by 8,000, especially for rural schools.
* Teaching assistants for English will be allocated for large classes of more than 35 students in Years One and Two.
* Time allocated for English in Level 1 (Year One to Three) for national schools will be increased 90 minutes to 330 minutes a week, while for Level 2 (Year Four to Six) to 300 minutes a week.
* Time allocated for English in Level 1 at vernacular schools will be increased 100 per cent from 60 minutes to 120 minutes a week, and for Level 2 from 90 minutes to 120 minutes a week.
* Time allocated for English in Form One to Six will be added 80 minutes from 200 minutes to 280 minutes a week.
* Time allocated for Malaysian University English Test (MUET) in Form Six will be increased 80 minutes to 400 minutes a week.
* Time allocated for English in Matriculation courses will rise 100 per cent from three hours to six hours a week.
actually it is better to improve the way the student learn english beside make it into the first language.
for a long time waiting for some of the good measurement, now it come...
he is really some part of reformist..he is the person!!!
he is some kind of responsible govt..unity govt come from her, why i called so, because the opinion from the rakyat and pakatan he try to accept with no hard feeling..